AGM and Director Elections
Annual General Meeting
2019 Annual General Meeting
Join us at our 2019 AGM to hear the 2018 year in review from Board Chair Bob Armstrong and CEO Calvin MacInnis; find out about Coast Capital’s plans for 2019; and learn the results of the Directors Election.
Can’t make it to our AGM in person? Don’t worry – we’ll make it easy for you to view the event live via webcast here beginning at 5pm on the day of the AGM.
Note: Members who join the webcast will not be able to vote on any matters during the meeting but are welcome to submit questions online during the Members Open Forum at the end of the AGM.
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019
Where: Civic Hotel -13475 Central Ave, Surrey, BC, V3T 4B8
- Registration will begin at 4:30pm
- Meeting will begin at 5pm and is scheduled to adjourn at 6pm
- You may cast your vote at AGM between 4:30pm and 5:30pm
- AGM will be followed by the Members Open Forum
2019 Board of Directors Election, Special Resolution and Ordinary Resolution
By casting your vote in the 2019 Board of Directors Election, you’re having a say in who will represent you as your Board of Directors (“Board”). This year, we’re also asking for your support to pass a Special Resolution to make two adjustments to our Credit Union Rules, as well as an Ordinary Resolution on director remuneration, which is necessary because this is our first year as a federal credit union, despite no change to remuneration being proposed.
For more information on the election, resolutions and voter information please read the 2019 Election Booklet.
There are four ways to vote:
- Online Banking: Log in to online banking through our website, mobile web, or mobile app. Follow instructions to submit your votes. Voting opens April 10, 2019 at 8am and closes on May 4, 2019 at 5pm.
- Mail-In: Make your vote selections. Insert ballot into supplied Reply Envelope. Seal envelope. Drop it off at any Canada Post mailbox or at any Coast Capital branch. Ballots must be received by the Returning Officer or Coast Capital by May 4, 2019 at 5pm.
- In-Branch: Visit any branch during normal in-branch business hours. Request a ballot. Complete the verification form. Complete the ballot, seal it and drop it in the ballot box. Voting opens April 10, 2019 at 8am and closes on May 4, 2019 at 5pm.
- Vote live in-person at the AGM: Attend the AGM. Register at the registration table when you arrive. Request a ballot. Complete the ballot, seal and drop in the ballot box. Voting opens at 4:30pm and closes at 5:30pm on May 16, 2019.
Vote and you could win a $1,000 term depositTo show our appreciation for casting your votes, every member who votes is automatically entered to win a $1,000 term deposit. After you vote via online banking, our mobile app, mobile web or a paper ballot, your name will be entered automatically into our prize draw.
Director Recruitment and Nomination
The Governance & Community Engagement Committee and the Nominations Committee work hard to find qualified candidates for our Board.
Our Governance & Community Engagement Committee’s key role is to prepare a Board composition matrix that assists in identifying the optimal mix of skills and experience required on the Board as a whole. Every year, this matrix is revisited to identify any gaps or additional areas where skills and expertise may be needed.
The Nominations Committee conducts the Director nomination and election process by inviting applications from the membership and the community at large. Using the Board composition matrix, the Committee develops and publishes an Ideal Candidate Description and assesses potential candidates’ experiences and background against the Description. The Nominations Committee also works with an independent consultant who specializes in corporate governance and board recruitment to identify the best talent available for our Board.
Once the best candidates have been identified and screened, the Nominations Committee recommends those candidates who best align with the Description and the overall needs of the Board to the membership. These recommendations are the outcome of the detailed assessment performed on our members’ behalf and are provided for information as members consider their voting choices.
Each year, a complete election package profiling all candidates is provided to members.
Members vote in the spring and results are announced at the Annual General Meeting.
For more information about how the Governance and Community Engagement Committee and Nominations Committee work to ensure we have qualified candidates for the Board, read the Composition, Recruitment and Nominations Policy.
Seeking Qualified Candidates for Your Board of Directors
November 20, 2018
Candidate Information Session
December 11, 2018
Director nominations close at noon
January 14 & 15, 2019
Candidate interviews take place
January 26, 2019
Candidates asked to confirm their intention to stand for the 2019 Directors' Election
April 10 to May 4, 2019*
Annual General Meeting