Who can open an account?
We’re happy you’re interested in opening an account at Coast Capital Savings. Anyone living in Canada, outside of Quebec, can apply for a membership.
Whatever you need, we have. Membership gives you access to Coast Capital Savings’ products and services, like our unique Free Chequing, Free Debit and More Account®.
There's more. As a member of Coast Capital Savings, you’ll:
- Have access to lots of branch locations across the Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island and the Okanagan.
- Receive a Coast Capital Savings debit card that gives you free access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs across Canada.
- Have options in how you do your banking with our Coast Online® Banking, Coast-by-Phone® and Coast Mobile Banking™.
- Have a say in who sits on our Board of Directors and be invited to our Annual General Meeting.
- Support an organization that gives back to our communities.
- Have a safe place to deposit. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union is a member of the CDIC.
Member share requirements
Once your membership is approved, you’ll be asked to purchase $5 in Membership Equity Shares. Don’t worry, it’s not a fee. It’s a one-time investment giving you a say in how we do business via the Board of Directors.
Additional voting information
One vote per member over age 19
Limited companies can designate one person to vote on the company's behalf