We’re happy you’re interested in opening an account at Coast Capital Savings. Anyone living in British Columbia can apply for a membership.
Whatever you need, we have. Membership gives you access to Coast Capital Savings’ products and services, like our unique Free Chequing, Free Debit and More AccountTM.
- Have access to lots of branch locations across the Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
- Receive a Coast Capital Savings debit card that gives you free access to thousands ATMs of surcharge-free ATMs across Canada.
- Have options in how you do your banking with our Coast Online® Banking, Coast-by-Phone® and Coast Mobile Banking™.
- Have a say in who sits on our Board of Directors and be invited to our Annual General Meeting.
- Support an organization that gives back to our communities.
- Have a safe place to deposit. All money on deposit at BC credit unions is 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
Once your membership is approved, you’ll be asked to purchase $5 in Membership Equity Shares. Don’t worry, it’s not a fee. It’s a one-time investment giving you a say in how we do business via the Board of Directors. We’ll also return it to you in full if you leave the credit union. But we really hope you won’t.Additional voting information
One vote per member over age 19
Limited companies can designate one person to vote on the company's behalf
Do not confuse your Member Equity Shares with Membership Fees. Your one-time investment is returned to you in full upon leaving the credit union. However, they are not deposits and not guaranteed by CUDIC.