Build your savings and your community
For a limited time, get up to $350* when you become a Coast Capital member and we’ll also donate $150* to education programs in BC. As a member-owned credit union, this is just one of the ways we like to reinvest in our members and our communities. With over 80 years of experience, we're here every step of the way with honest, realistic and personalized advice. It’s the membership that keeps on giving.
Become a member today
Take advantage of this limited-time offer now. Follow the steps below to learn how to get up to $350. Know the steps below already? Get started right away.
Switch to Coast Capital and get up to $350
By opening a Free Chequing, Free Debit, and More Account®, with no minimum balance required.
- No monthly fee
- Unlimited day-to-day transactions1
- Free eStatements
- Click here for service fees on services that are not included with this account.
- Download our account guide
By setting up and maintaining the below activities within the first two months of account opening.
We’ll make it easy by emailing you the instructions after you open your account.
- 1 direct deposit Your direct deposit must be the same direct deposit coming from the same payee for 3 consecutive months. This may be your payroll, pension or government payment. for 3 months consecutive
- 1 pre-authorized debit Pre-authorized debits are payments that are set up to debit an account and credit an external company. For example, cable, internet or a gym membership. $25 min., for three months consecutive
- Make at least 15 everyday transactions These are transactions like withdrawals, e-transfers, and debits that one would perform day-to-day. Direct deposits and pre-authorized payments count too. within 3 months of account opening
By growing your savings with a regular, automatic contribution to a new Mutual Funds account.
- Open a new Mutual Funds account
- Set up a monthly, pre-authorized contribution, min. of $50
- Following Step 1, book an appointment with us to set up your Mutual Funds account and pre-authorized contribution.
Why switch to Coast Capital?
We’ve answered your most popular FAQs
- 1 direct deposit for 3 months consecutive
- 1 pre-authorized debit min. $25, for 3 months consecutive
- Make at least 15 everyday transactions within 3 months
- Set up a new investment and pre-authorized contribution (min. $50 monthly)
Switching your banking to Coast is easy, but we’ve also given you ample time to complete all the eligibility requirements to ensure you get your bonus.
Here’s when you can expect your $300 bonus, which will be automatically deposited into your new account if you meet all the requirements;
|If you create an account and start criteria within first 60 days during;||60 days following criteria completion, you’ll get your $300 bonus between;|
|April, 2021||September - November, 2021|
|May, 2021||October - December, 2021|
|June, 2021||November - January, 2021|
Your payout will depend on when you start your offer criteria.
You can earn your $50 bonus following setting up your new pre-authorized contribution (min. $50 monthly) to your new your Mutual Funds account.
Following account creation, you can book an appointment with one of our advisors to set up a Mutual Funds account and your pre-authorized contribution (min. $50 monthly). Once completed, you will be eligible to receive the $50, which will be deposited directly to your chequing account.
The $150 donation is supporting students who have overcome significant life challenges, upskilling to advance their career or reskilling to learn a new trade.
Yes, as long as you are a new personal banking member and have never had a pervious personal account. To open a personal membership follow the steps to open an account online or in branch.
No. You are only eligible for one bonus.
No. Current and past personal members do not qualify for this offer.
No. If you’ve had a previous personal membership with Coast Capital, you are not eligible for this offer.
Pre-authorized debits are payments that are set up to debit an account and credit an external company. Some examples of what you can set up as a pre-authorized payment:
- Bills like cable and internet
- Gym memberships
No. To qualify for the bonus, you will need to setup a pre-authorized debit for a minimum amount of $25, where your account will be debited and an external company will be credited.
All you have to do, once your membership is approved, is check your inbox for instructions. We’ll send you an email titled ‘Start banking with Coast Capital in just a few clicks’ containing a link that will walk you through the instructions to set up a pre-authorized debit. You can also download a void check in online banking and present to your vendor.
All you have to do, once your membership is approved, is check your inbox for instructions. We’ll send you an email titled ‘Start banking with Coast Capital in just a few clicks’ containing a link that will walk you through the instructions to set up a direct deposit. You can also download a void check in online banking and present to your employer.
The easiest way to track eligible transactions is through our personal financial management tool, Money Manager, located in online banking and the Coast Mobile app. Learn about your spending habits, set budgets, track your progress towards your goals and pay down your debt more effectively. Once you have set up Money Manager, simply check your transactions. (Exclusions: Account or service charges and account to account transfers.)
Transactions like point of sale, etranfers, direct deposits and pre-authorized debits count towards your eligible transactions.