Get a great mortgage rate and up to $2,000* cash.
OFFER ENDS DECEMBER 30
Own a home with as little as 5% down.
We know affording a home isn't always easy, which is why you can put down as little as 5% on a new home with our 5.56% APR1 5-Year Variable High-Ratio Mortgage. Plus, pre-qualify in less than 3 minutes to understand how much mortgage you can afford.
Get pre-qualified in less than 3 minutes.
Find out how much mortgage you can afford. Your credit score won't be impacted and there's no commitment to apply for a Coast Capital mortgage if you qualify.
Explore our great mortgage rates.
Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, or buying a new home, we have the right mortgage for you. We'll even hold your rate for 90 days. Ask us how.
Step 1: Get up to $1,500 when you get a Members Get It® Mortgage.2,3
Step 2: Become a member and get up to $500.
By opening a Free Chequing, Free Debit, and More Account®, with no minimum balance required.
- No monthly fee
- Unlimited day-to-day transactions†
- Free eStatements
- Click here for service fees on services that are not included with this account.
- Download our account guide
Terms and Conditions.
† Transactions include cheques, Coast Capital Savings® and THE EXCHANGE® Network ATM withdrawals, Interac Direct Payment, pre-authorized payments, bill payments, transfers (between Coast Capital Savings accounts), and withdrawals. Deposits and electronic transfers (between Coast Capital Savings accounts) Coast Capital Savings® ATM, Coast-by-Phone®, Coast Mobile® Banking and Coast Online are free. Excludes e-Transfer fees. Sending an e-Transfer is $1.50 each; receiving e-Transfers is free.
By setting up and maintaining the below activities within the first two months of account opening.
We’ll make it easy by emailing you the instructions after you open your account.
- 1 direct deposit Your direct deposit must be the same direct deposit coming from the same payee for 3 consecutive months. This may be your payroll, pension or government payment. for 3 months consecutive
- Make at least 15 everyday transactions These are transactions like withdrawals, e-transfers, and debits that one would perform day-to-day. Direct deposits and pre-authorized payments count too. within 3 months of account opening
By setting up automatic savings into a new Mutual Funds account with Coast Capital.
- Open a new Mutual Funds account
- Set up a monthly, pre-authorized contribution, min. of $100
- Following Step 1, book an appointment with us to set up your Mutual Funds account and pre-authorized contribution.
We've answered your most popular FAQs.
No. You can a) get up to $1,500 when you switch your mortgage to Coast, or b) up to $500 when you become a member (which is a requirement of opening a Coast mortgage), or c) both offers. Follow Steps 1 and 2 in the page above to ensure you know the eligibility requirements for both offers.
A pre-qualification gives you an accurate estimate of the total cost of a home you could afford. Because we use your credit history in addition to your reported income, you’ll get a more accurate result than if you used a basic mortgage calculator.
A pre-qualification gives you a quick result of what you could potentially qualify for based on the information you provide us and your credit history.This is NOT a pre-approval, though that’s what comes next! A pre-approval means that you qualify for a mortgage based on the information you have provided, and subject to certain conditions. A mortgage pre-approval often specifies a term, interest rate and principal amount.
If you’re looking to get pre-approved, please submit a request through this form, contact us at 1-888-517-7000 or visit us at any of our convenient locations and we’ll be happy to help.
You can access the tool from Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox on any operating system. The only browser we don’t support is Internet Explorer.
Yes, after 14 minutes, you will be presented with a warning message. If you do not click “Continue” within 15 minutes, your application will time out and you will need to start over.
Can I save and continue later?
If you leave the tool prior to clicking “Submit”, your information will be not be saved. You will need to start from the beginning.
What if I want to change my information after I've submitted and received a result?
Once you have submitted your information and received a result, you are unable to edit previously submitted information. You will need to start a new submission.
What if I'm looking to pre-qualify for a property that will not be a primary home purchase?
This tool is for primary home purchases only. If you are looking for a mortgage for a property that won’t be your primary residence, please submit a request through the form and we'll be happy to help.
How can my credit history be used to calculate my result without affecting my credit score?
We perform a soft credit check, meaning that there is no negative impact to your credit score. You will be able to see this soft credit check if you request a report from a credit reporting agency (like Equifax), but other parties (like banks) will not be able to see it.
Ready to buy a new home? Here’s how to get started.
- Interest rate and approval based on risk profile. Rates subject to change without notice. Each Annual Percentage Rate (APR) calculation is based on a $300,000.00 mortgage at a 25 year amortization, assuming an appraisal fee of $300 (which includes fees associated with determining the value of the property). If there are no additional cost of borrowing charges, the APR and the interest rate will be the same. If additional fees apply, the APRcould increase. The APR assumes the interest rate does not vary over the term. Variable mortgage interest rates will change when the Coast Capital Savings Prime Rate changes. The fixed mortgage APR is compounded semi-annually, not in advance. The variable mortgage APR is compounded monthly, not in advance.
- Help Extras are available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000, having a term of not less than 3 years. Pre-approval is available for both primary residences and rental properties. Must be either a first mortgage, or a second mortgage behind a Coast Capital Savings first mortgage. Coast Capital Savings may amend, terminate, withdraw, or suspend the Help Extras at any time and without notice. Other conditions will apply. Contact us for details.
- The $500 appraisal and legal credit is available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000 and having a term not less than 3 years. Re-financed mortgages and subsequent advances on mortgage loans are not eligible. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union may limit the availability of the $500 appraisal and legal credit from time to time at its sole discretion. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union may change or terminate this offer at any time and without prior notice. All decisions by Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union regarding this offer are binding on all participants. Contact us for details.
- Read full $500 offer terms and conditions here.