Start your mortgage pre-approval today and then open your account online.
A mortgage worth switching for.
Get up to $1,850 and a low rate with our limited-time offers. You can get up to $1,500 when you switch your mortgage1,2 to Coast Capital as well as up to $350 when you become a member3. As a member-owned cooperative, what's important to you is important to us. That means we want to help you put more towards your mortgage and less towards interest. With over 80 years of experience, you’ll always get mortgage advice you can trust.
Already know the below steps to get up to $1,850? Get started on Step 1 now.
By opening a Free Chequing, Free Debit, and More Account®, with no minimum balance required.
- No monthly fee
- Unlimited day-to-day transactions
- Free eStatements
- Click here for service fees on services that are not included with this account.
- Download our account guide
By setting up and maintaining the below activities within the first two months of account opening.
We’ll make it easy by emailing you the instructions after you open your account.
- 1 direct deposit Your direct deposit must be the same direct deposit coming from the same payee for 3 consecutive months. This may be your payroll, pension or government payment. for 3 months consecutive
- Make at least 15 everyday transactions These are transactions like withdrawals, e-transfers, and debits that one would perform day-to-day. Direct deposits and pre-authorized payments count too. within 3 months of account opening
By growing your savings with a regular, automatic contribution to a new Mutual Funds account.
- Open a new Mutual Funds account
- Set up a monthly, pre-authorized contribution, min. of $50
- Following Step 1, book an appointment with us to set up your Mutual Funds account and pre-authorized contribution.
No. You can a) get up to $1,500 when you switch your mortgage to Coast, or b) up to $350 when you become a member (which is a requirement of opening a Coast mortgage), or c) both offers. Follow Steps 1 and 2 in the page above to ensure you know the eligibility requirements for both offers.
- 1 direct deposit for 3 months consecutive
- Make at least 15 everyday transactions within 3 months
- Set up a new investment and pre-authorized contribution (min. $50 monthly)
Switching your banking to Coast Capital is easy, but we’ve also given you ample time to complete all the eligibility requirements to ensure you get your bonus.
Here’s when you can expect your $300 cash bonus, which will be automatically deposited into your new account if you meet all the requirements;
|If you create an account and start criteria within first 60 days during;||60 days following criteria completion, you’ll get your $300 bonus between;|
|August 8 to 31, 2021||January- March 2022|
|September 2021||February- April 2022|
Your payout will depend on when you start your offer criteria.
You can earn your $50 bonus immediately following setting up your new pre-authorized contribution (min. $50 monthly) to your new investment.
Following account creation, you can book an appointment with one of our advisors to set up a Mutual Funds account and your pre-authorized contribution (min. $50 monthly). Once completed, you will be eligible to receive the $50, which will be deposited directly to your chequing account.
I am a Coast Capital small business member; do I qualify if I open a personal account?
- Log in to digital banking through a computer or our mobile app.
- Select from the menu, Account Overview, then Download Void Cheque and select the account you want the Void Cheque for.
- Click the Export button to download a PDF file containing your void cheque. Save or print this PDF to provide a digital or physical copy to your employer.
- Help Extras are available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000, having a term of not less than 3 years. Pre-approval is available for both primary residences and rental properties. Must be either a first mortgage, or a second mortgage behind a Coast Capital Savings first mortgage. Other conditions will apply. Contact us for details.
- The $500 appraisal and legal credit is available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000 and having a term not less than 3 years. Only property purchase transactions will be eligible. Re-financed mortgages and subsequent advances on mortgage loans are not eligible. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union may limit the availability of the $500 appraisal and legal credit from time to time at its sole discretion. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union may change or terminate this offer at any time and without prior notice. All decisions by Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union regarding this offer are binding on all participants. Contact us for details.
- Read full offer terms and conditions here.
Only closed, residential first mortgages and blend and extend mortgages with a minimum of $150,000 in new money will qualify. Interest rate and approval based on risk profile. Rates subject to change without notice. Additional fees may apply. If fees apply, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) could increase. Each APR calculation is based on a $300,000.00 mortgage at a 25 year amortization, assuming an appraisal fee of $300 (which includes fees associated with determining the value of the property). If there are no additional cost of borrowing charges, the APR and the interest rate will be the same. The APR assumes the interest rate does not vary over the term. Variable mortgage interest rates will change when the Coast Capital Savings Prime Rate changes. The fixed mortgage Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is compounded semi-annually, not in advance. The variable mortgage APR is compounded monthly, not in advance.