Get 4.61% APR1 on a 5-year fixed high-ratio mortgage.
Personalized advice homebuyers can trust.
We believe owning a home shouldn’t be a dream. That’s why with Coast Capital you can put as little as 5% down on a new home with a 5-year fixed high-ratio mortgage. Plus, for a limited-time, get up to $3,000 cash2,3 with your new Coast Capital mortgage and an additional $400 cash4 when you become a member. Our Mortgage Advisors are ready with personalized advice to help you achieve what matters to you.
Take your first step towards making homeownership a reality.
Find out how much mortgage you can afford. Your credit score won't be impacted and there's no commitment to apply for a Coast Capital mortgage if you qualify.
Prefer to speak directly with a Mortgage Advisor? Reach out to us online or call 1.888.517.7749.
Get an additional $400 cash4 when you switch your banking to Coast Capital.
Step 1 - Become a member.
By opening a Free Chequing, Free Debit, and More Account® with no minimum monthly balance required.
- No monthly fee
- Unlimited day-to-day transactions5
- Free eStatements
- Save an annual average of up to $200 compared to other financial institutions.6
- Click here for service fees on services that are not included with this account.
Step 2 - Earn $3004
By setting up and maintaining the below activities within the first two months of opening your account.
We’ll make it easy by emailing you the instructions after you open your account.
- 1 direct deposit Your direct deposit must be the same direct deposit coming from the same payee for 3 consecutive months. This may be your payroll, pension or government payment. for 3 months consecutive.
- Make at least 15 everyday transactions These are transactions like withdrawals, e-transfers, and debits that one would perform day-to-day. Direct deposits and pre-authorized payments count too. within 3 months of account opening.
Step 3 - Earn $1004
By growing your savings with a regular, automatic contribution to a new Mutual Funds account.
- Open a new Mutual Funds account.
- Set up a monthly, pre-authorized contribution, minimum of $100.
- Following Step 1, book an appointment with us to set up your Mutual Funds account and pre-authorized contribution.
We've answered your most popular FAQs.
A pre-qualification gives you a calculated estimate of the total mortgage amount that they would qualify for, which helps you determine the cost of a home you could afford. Because we use your credit history in addition to your reported income, you’ll get a more accurate result than if you used a basic mortgage calculator.
A pre-qualification gives you a quick result of what you could potentially qualify for based on the information you provide us and your credit history.This is NOT a pre-approval, though that’s what comes next! A pre-approval means that you qualify for a mortgage based on the information you have provided, and subject to certain conditions. A mortgage pre-approval often specifies a term, interest rate and principal amount.
If you’re ready to buy a home right now, reach out to a Mortgage Advisor online or call 1-888.517.7749. We're here to help.
You can access the tool from Chrome, Safari, Edge and Firefox on any operating system. The only browser we don’t support is Internet Explorer.
Yes, after 14 minutes, you will be presented with a warning message. If you do not click “Continue” within 15 minutes, your application will time out and you will need to start over.
Can I save and continue later?
If you leave the tool prior to clicking “Submit”, your information will be not be saved. You will need to start from the beginning.
What if I want to change my information after I've submitted and received a result?
Once you have submitted your information and received a result, you are unable to edit previously submitted information. You will need to start a new submission.
What if I'm looking to pre-qualify for a property that will not be a primary home purchase?
This tool is for primary home purchases only. If you are looking for a mortgage for a property that won’t be your primary residence, please submit a request through the form and we'll be happy to help.
How can my credit history be used to calculate my result without affecting my credit score?
We perform a soft credit check, meaning that there is no negative impact to your credit score. You will be able to see this soft credit check if you request a report from a credit reporting agency (like Equifax), but other parties (like banks) will not be able to see it.
Get in touch with our Mortgage Advisors online or call 1.888.517.7749. We’ll get you started and help you every step of the way.
- APR calculation is based on a $300,000 mortgage at a 25 year amortization, assuming an appraisal fee of $300 (which includes fees associated with determining the value of the property). If there are no additional cost of borrowing charges, the APR and the interest rate will be the same. If additional fees apply, the APR could increase. The fixed mortgage APR is compounded semi-annually, not in advance. Rates subject to change without notice.
- For high ratio mortgages with terms of four (4) years or more, Help Extras are available for new closed high-ratio mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000. Pre-approval is available for primary residences only. Must be a Coast Capital first mortgage registered against title of the mortgaged property. Coast Capital may amend, terminate, withdraw, or suspend the Help Extras at any time and without notice. Read full terms and conditions here. Qualifying borrowers will receive:
- $500 on a mortgage loan amount of $150,000 to $499,999;
- $1,500 on a mortgage loan amount of $500,000 to $749,999; or
- $2,500 on a mortgage loan amount of $750,000 to $999,999.
- The $500 appraisal and legal credit is available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000 and having a term not less than three (3) years. Re-financed mortgages and subsequent advances on mortgage loans are not eligible. Coast Capital may limit the availability of the $500 appraisal and legal credit from time to time at its sole discretion. Coast Capital may change or terminate this offer at any time and without prior notice. All decisions by Coast Capital regarding this offer are binding on all participants.
- Read New Member Offer terms and conditions here.
- Transactions include cheques, Coast Capital Savings® and EXCHANGE Network ATM withdrawals, Interac® Direct Payment, preauthorized payments, Coast-by-Phone® bill payments, Coast Online® Banking bill payments and in-branch withdrawals, transfers and bill payments. Deposits and self-serve (Coast Capital Savings® ATM, Coast-by-Phone® and Coast Online® Banking) transfers are free. Additional network ATM transactions are subject to the fees listed. Surcharges from other financial institution ATMs are excluded.
- Fee savings based on comparisons to average fees on chequing products charged by other Canadian financial institutions.