Coast Capital Savings 2020 International Youth Day Giveaway Contest Rules
These rules govern the Coast Capital Savings 2020 International Youth Day Giveaway Contest. They exempt Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union and other persons from liability and contain important provisions. By entering the Giveaway Contest, you acknowledge and signify that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these rules. If you do not agree with each provision of these rules, you may not participate in the Coast Capital Savings 2020 International Youth Day Giveaway Contest.
The Giveaway Period and Prizes
- The Coast Capital Savings 2020 International Youth Day Giveaway Contest (the “Giveaway”) is run by Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union (“Coast Capital”).
- The Giveaway will run from 9:00 am Pacific Time on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 to 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 (the “Giveaway Period”).
- Potential winners will be selected at the end of the Giveaway Period, with a total of ten (10) Prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”) available to be won. The Prizes will be awarded pursuant to the time frame in these Rules under the How to Win and Claim Your Prize section.
- The Prizes are:
- Ten (10) x $1,000 CAD donations made by Coast Capital Savings to a Canadian non-profit or registered charitable organization selected by the winner, subject to Coast Capital’s granting guidelines and Coast Capital’s approval of the organizations in its sole discretion.
- This Contest is open to residents of British Columbia who are between the ages of 14 – 30 at the start of the Contest Period.
- Employees of Coast Capital and its affiliates and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter the Giveaway.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Giveaway. You must have online access and an Instagram or Facebook account to enter.
How to Enter
- To enter the Giveaway, you must meet the eligibility requirements and complete the following steps during the Giveaway Period:
- Log on to your Instagram account.
- Follow Coast Capital on Instagram
- Tag a Canadian non-profit or registered charitable organization
- Finish the below sentence in the comment section of the giveaway post.
- I give back because _____.
- Limit one entry per person during the Giveaway Period.
- Multiple entries belonging to the same person with multiple Facebook or Instagram accounts will be automatically disqualified from the Giveaway.
- Every entry is subject to verification by Coast Capital. Any entry that appears to Coast Capital, in their sole discretion, to be incomplete, ineligible, improper, or fraudulent may be disqualified, including but not limited to entries that are made contrary to these Rules, entries that are disruptive to the proper operation of the Giveaway, or entries that are in any way unjust to other entrants or potential entrants.
- All decisions made by Coast Capital, including but not limited to those concerning the eligibility or disqualification of entrants, are final and binding without right of appeal.
How to Win & Claim Your Prize
- Coast Capital, in its sole discretion, will select the winners.
- The potential winners will be selected by Coast Capital between Thursday, August 20, 2020 and Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Coast Capital will select the winners using the following criteria:
- Emotional impact of answer (10 points)
- Impact the donation will have on the tagged non-profit or registered charitable organization (10 points)
- The odds of winning depend on the evaluation of the entrants’ submission against the criteria and the number of entries received.
- Potential winners will be notified on Instagram or Facebook by direct message or by responding to the Giveaway entry.
- If a potential winner does not respond to Coast Capital within 24 hours of being notified, Coast Capital reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner.
- In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Coast Capital may select another winner according to the criteria listed in this section.
- To claim a Prize, a potential winner must do the following:
- Respond to Coast Capital within 24 hours of being notified, and communicate with Coast Capital regarding Prize pick-up. Coast Capital will have the sole discretion to determine method of Prize pick-up, having in mind public health guidelines and convenience of the potential winner.
- Provide valid proof of identity, age, and residence, and/or any other relevant documentation requested by Coast Capital in its sole discretion.
- Coast Capital will have the sole discretion to determine the method of donation to the organization.
- Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and cannot be returned, transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash. Coast Capital reserves the right, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute any Prize or part thereof, with another prize of equivalent or greater value.
- Potential winners may only win one (1) Prize.
- You authorize Coast Capital to collect and use your personal information to administer the Giveaway.
- By entering the Giveaway and answering the post question, you authorize Coast Capital to use your answer in Coast Capital’s video, website and other promotional material, without further permission, without any form of notice or remuneration and with or without identifying you as the author of the answer.
- In the event that you are a potential winner, you authorize Coast Capital to broadcast, publish, and otherwise use your name, place of residence, voice, Instagram and Facebook identity, likeness, Giveaway posts, statements regarding the Giveaway, and photographs and video recordings of you receiving the Prize for promotional purposes in connection with this Giveaway, without further permission, any form of notice or remuneration.
Release and Exclusion of Liability
- You agree to release and hold harmless Coast Capital and each of its affiliates, agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns against any and all liability in any way associated with the Giveaway, including but not limited to claims for:
- Injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use of a Prize or from participation in the Giveaway,
- Any harm that you may sustain or incur as a result of the negligence of Coast Capital,
- Typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Giveaway, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules, the selection and announcement of Prize winners or distribution of the Prizes,
- Lost, late, incorrect, incomplete, or misdirected Giveaway entries,
- Failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notice of a Prize,
- Defects or delays in the Prize awarded that are outside of Coast Capital’s control,
- The use of your statements, place of residence and likeness, including as a result of distortion, blurring, processing or reproduction,
- Any injury or damage to any person’s computer or data contained therein or other property as a result of any person’s participation in the Giveaway,
- Any malfunction, failure, or other problems relating to Facebook, Instagram, telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed or misdirected computer or telephone transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, or
- Any damage or loss, including any economic loss, special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort, or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Giveaway or the submission of entries to the Giveaway, or participation in the Giveaway, or the Prizes, regardless of the cause or any negligence by any of Coast Capital’s employees, agents or representatives.
- Coast Capital does not give any representations, warranties or guarantees with respect to the Prize, and is not responsible for any Prize defects.
- You release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram, and each of the Prize Suppliers, as well as each of their agents, employees, directors, successors and assigns, from any and all liability in any way associated with the Giveaway. You acknowledge that the Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. All submissions and information provided by you for the Giveaway are submitted to Coast Capital and not Instagram or Facebook.
- All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Giveaway, Prizes or these Rules will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
General Terms and Conditions
- Coast Capital reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Giveaway or to amend the Rules, without notice and without compensation to any participant in the Giveaway.
- Generally prizes and gifts are non-taxable; however, you acknowledge and accept any responsibility of tax liability.
- The Giveaway and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable municipal and provincial laws in British Columbia and federal laws in Canada.
1 Coast Capital’s granting guidelines exclude organizations which are political parties or support affiliated activities, religious organizations or support religious activities, or are engaged in controversial issues. Coast Capital does not make grants to individuals.