New chequing accounts coming soon.
On March 6, 2024, Coast Capital employees with a Coast Chequing® Prestige Account will automatically be converted to the new Coast Capital Unlimited Chequing Account.
Learn more below.
You asked, we listened. Our new chequing accounts will make day-to-day transactions easier and more affordable.
We're improving our chequing solutions to provide better value and flexibility to members with the introduction of our Unlimited Chequing and Elevate Chequing Accounts. Both new accounts provide free unlimited Interac e-Transfers, while continuing to include the features most popular with members like unlimited day-to-day banking transactions1. The new accounts also offer free access to ID Assist®, an identity theft and protection service with 24/7 dark web monitoring provided by Sigma Loyalty Group.
What to expect next.
If you're a Coast Capital employee with a Coast Chequing® Prestige Account, your account will automatically change to the new Unlimited Chequing Account on March 6, 2024. Until then, you'll continue to use your account as you always have and there's nothing you have to do to get started with Unlimited Chequing.
In the meantime, you can activate your included ID Assist® protection plan with the unique code mailed to you as part of the account changes package. We’ve placed a copy of the mailed package below for your reference (without the activation code).
New Coast Capital Chequing Accounts
On March 6, 2024, your Coast Chequing® Prestige Account will automatically change to the Unlimited Chequing Account. If you wish to change to another account type, please contact us after March 6, 2024 and we’re happy to help.
|Free Chequing, Free Debit and More Account® Meet your essential banking needs, without a monthly fee or minimum balance required.
|Your New Account Unlimited Chequing Account Get unlimited day-to-day transactions1, including free e-Transfers for a waivable monthly fee.
|Elevate Chequing Account Unlock premium banking benefits, plus free access to Coursera's global learning platform that could help you boost your career and even get paid more.
|$8.50 or less
|$16.95 of less
|Reduced monthly fee if you :
- Maintain a minimum $4,000 daily balance at all times during the calendar month or
- Are 59+ years of age or
- Are 25 years of age or younger
|Get $5 off monthly fee
When you set-up and deposit payroll or another eligible direct deposit into the account.2
|Unlimited day-to-day transactions1
|Free access to ID Assist® - Online identity theft protection
(For one account holder)
|Free access to Coursera3 – Online learning platform
(For one account holder)
|Free paper or eStatements
|One free Canadian cheque book
|Free for ages 59+
|Up to $50 one-time first year credit card rebate
On eligible credit cards5 issued by Collabria
|2 free Interac network Canadian ATM withdrawals per month6
|3 free International ATM withdrawals per year7
We've answered your most popular FAQs
Yes, on March 6, 2024, if you're a Coast Capital employee your Coast Chequing® Prestige Account will automatically be converted to the new Coast Capital Unlimited Chequing Account. You do not need to take any action.
Yes, all of your account details will remain the same. This includes:
- Your account number
- Your 16-digit debit card number
- Your existing debit card PIN (used when accessing ATMs and point-of-sale)
- Your 7-digit personal access code
- Your online banking username and password
- Your existing bill payments, pre-authorized payments, payroll and direct deposit information
If you have opted-in for overdraft protection, this will carry over to your new account.
Yes, all joint account holders and their information will remain the same.
With the Unlimited Chequing Account, you get unlimited day-to-day transactions1 including sending and receiving Interac e-Transfers.
The Unlimited Chequing Account provides free unlimited Interac e-Transfers, plus free access for one account holder to ID Assist® - a robust identity theft protection service with 24/7 dark web monitoring provided by Sigma Loyalty Group (Value $96/month).
What are the options to waive or reduce the monthly fee?
Pay $0/month if you:
- are 25 years of age or younger or
- are 59 years of age or older or
- maintain a minimum $4,000 daily balance at all times throughout the calendar month
Or pay $3.50/month when you set up and deposit monthly payroll or another eligible direct deposit into the account. Eligible transaction codes include the following; Payroll: 200-207; Pension: 230-233, 310-312, 315-316; Govt Payment: 313, 318, 600-607; Gig Payroll: 450
What types of payroll or direct deposits are eligible for the $5 monthly fee waiver?
Here are some more examples of eligible payroll and direct deposits:
Payroll: Payroll deposit, special payroll, vacation payroll, overtime payroll, advance payroll, commission payroll, bonus payroll, adjustment payroll, payroll from Skip the dishes, Door Dash, Uber
Pension: Federal pension, provincial pension, private pension, Canada Pension Plan, Canada Pension Commission,Old Age Security,War Veteran's Allowance
230-233, 310-312, 315-316
Government Payment: Employment Insurance,Family Support,Housing Allowance,Income Security Benefits, Employment Assistance Allowance
313, 318, 600-607
What is ID Assist®?
ID Assist® is a robust monitoring service designed to protect you from the complexities of identity theft. Valued at $96/year, this service is free for one account holder as long as your Unlimited Chequing Account remains active and in good standing.
How do I activate ID Assist?
Visit the ID Assist website at ccs.idassist.com and enter your unique access code enclosed in your mailed notification letter.
How do I get a secondary account holder access to ID Assist?
The free access is available for one account holder. The Primary account holder will receive the activation code but can choose to give the code to another account holder to use instead. Joint account holders interested in identity theft protection services can also enroll in one of the paid plans. For more details, visit ccs.idassist.com
1. Transactions include cheques drawn on the account, Coast Capital® and THE EXCHANGE® Network ATM withdrawals, Interac Direct Payment, pre-authorized payments, bill payments, transfers (between Coast Capital accounts), and withdrawals (in-branch/self serve). Deposits and electronic transfers (between Coast Capital accounts) performed via Coast Capital ® ATM, Coast-by-Phone®, and Coast Capital digital banking are free & unlimited.
2. Eligible transaction codes include the following; Payroll: 200-207; Pension: 230-233, 310-312, 315-316; Govt Payment: 313, 318, 600-607; Gig Payroll: 450
3. Coursera is an online learning platform offering multiple continuing education opportunities from leading universities and institutions. The products offered by Coursera can, but do not guarantee to, help users advance, relaunch, or improve their earning potential in their careers. As a bonus on their Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account, a primary account holder will receive one (1) free Coursera for Business license for the account holder’s personal use. This license will be associated with the primary account holder’s email address on Coast Capital’s records. The license can only be used with the associated email address to open a Coursera account. The license will be valid for the period the primary account holder maintains a Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account in good standing. The license has a monetary value of $538 CAD per year or monthly monetary value of $79 CAD as of January 1, 2024. Limit of one (1) license per primary account holder. No substitutions will be allowed. Coast Capital may allow, at its sole discretion, transfers of the license to another individual as decided by the primary account holder. The license may be subject to content, course, and program exclusions or limitations at the sole discretion of Coursera. The use of the license will be exclusively subject to Coursera’s terms, conditions, and policies. Details regarding Coursera’s products, terms, conditions, and policies can be found at https://www.coursera.org/.
4. Low-Cost Account: Our Free Chequing, Free Debit & More Account meets our public commitment to ensure that members have access to basic banking services at a nominal cost. If printed statements are requested instead of eStatements, this account costs $3/month. If you are a student, youth, Guaranteed Income Supplement recipient, or Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) beneficiary, you may request printed statements at no charge. Call our Advice Centre or visit a branch to find out more information.
5. As a holder of an eligible Coast Capital credit card issued by Collabria – only applies to World Mastercard®, Cash Back World Elite Mastercard ®, and Centra Gold Mastercard® – you may qualify for a onetime fee rebate of up to $50 upon (i) opening or holding an eligible Coast Capital credit card account as the primary cardholder and (ii) opening or holding a Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account as the primary account holder. For clarity, if you are currently a primary account holder on an Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account and then open an eligible Coast Capital credit card account, you will be eligible for the onetime fee rebate; if you are currently a primary cardholder on an eligible Coast Capital credit card account and then open a Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account, you will be eligible for the onetime fee rebate. The fee rebate shall be applied directly to eligible Coast Capital credit card account in the year the eligible Coast Capital credit card account, or Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account, or both are opened. Limit of one fee rebate per Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account. The eligible credit card account and Coast Capital Elevate Chequing Account must be in good standing at the time the fee rebate is applied. Coast Capital may change, revoke, or end this offer at any time in its sole discretion and without further notice.
6. Coast Capital waives its fee for up to two (2) Interac® network ATM transactions per month for transactions initiated within Canada. Surcharges from other financial institution ATMs may apply.
7. Coast Capital waives its fee for up to three (3) international ATM transactions per year for transactions initiated outside Canada. Additional 2.00% international ATM administration fee still applies. The international ATM administration fee is a commission calculate based on the amount of the ATM request Coast Capital receives and is paid from your account to settle your international ATM transaction. The ATM request Coast Capital receives is in Canadian dollars. Any currency conversion to calculate the Canadian dollar transaction amount is done by a third party in the electronic network your ATM request comes through on. Coast Capital does not set the rates for or complete those currency conversions. Fees or commissions of third parties involved in processing your international ATM transaction may also be included in the transaction amount per month for transactions initiated within Canada.