Buying your first home.
Personalized advice new homeowners can trust.
We know that there’s a lot to consider when buying your first home. We'll help you feel confident every step of the way. Our team works in your best interest to make sure you find the right mortgage, features and a rate that works best for your unique financial goals.
Have questions? Book an appointment at a nearby branch or call our Mortgage Team at 1.888.517.7749 to get pre-approved today.
Why switch to Coast Capital?
We’ve been member-owned for over 80 years, so you always get great rates and advice you can trust.
Get up to $1,500 with your first mortgage.
- New mortgages with a term of 3 years or more receive $1,000 in Help Extras®
- Put your cash bonus toward investment products such as term deposits in non-registered or registered accounts such as an RRSP, RESP or TFSA
- Gives you the flexibility to buy your home with as little as 5% for your down payment
- Feel protected with the inclusion of default insurance, which is required for down payments less than 20%
- The insurance premium is added to the balance of your mortgage amount
- Get access to extra funds and only pay interest when it's used.
- Pay down the balance at any time
- Re-advance your loan as many times as you need
- Interest charged only on what you use
- Access money through your chequing account, debit card, cheques or in a branch
Ready to apply online?
Like what you see? Here's more.
- Help Extras are available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000, having a term of not less than 3 years. Pre-approval is available for both primary residences and rental properties. Must be either a first mortgage, or a second mortgage behind a Coast Capital Savings first mortgage. Other conditions will apply. Contact us for details.
- The $500 appraisal and legal credit is available for new closed mortgage loans with a principal amount not less than $150,000 and having a term not less than 3 years. Re-financed mortgages and subsequent advances on mortgage loans are not eligible. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union may limit the availability of the $500 appraisal and legal credit from time to time at its sole discretion. Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union may change or terminate this offer at any time and without prior notice. All decisions by Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union regarding this offer are binding on all participants. Contact us for details.
- Interest rate and approval based on risk profile. Rates subject to change without notice. Each Annual Percentage Rate (APR) calculation is based on a $300,000.00 mortgage at a 25 year amortization, assuming an appraisal fee of $300 (which includes fees associated with determining the value of the property). If there are no additional cost of borrowing charges, the APR and the interest rate will be the same. If additional fees apply, the APR
- Subject to Coast Capital standard lending policies and criteria. Personal guarantee(s), security, and additional documentation may be required. Fees may apply. Other conditions may apply.