Coast Capital Receives More Than Ten Coveted Business and Industry Accolades
Surrey, BC – May 12, 2022 –Coast Capital is delighted to announce more than ten industry award wins in the first and second quarters of 2022, cementing its status as a nationally recognized best-in-class employer and financial cooperative of choice. “We are so pleased to see the hard work of our people being recognized industry-wide,” said Catherine Wood, Chief Strategy, Product, and Marketing Officer, Coast Capital. “From a best-in-class employee experience to a social purpose that affects tangible change; from industry-leading marketing and communications campaigns to impact-driven product innovation, each of these accolades recognize that Coast Capital’s culture of purpose is truly woven into the fiber of everything that we do as an organization.” The federal financial cooperative, which aims to unlock financial opportunities for all, has had a lot to celebrate in recent months:
Management and Employee Engagement
- Beginning with a spot on the B.C. Top Employer list, 2022 for the seventh year in a row, Coast Capital has been recognized by the annual competition, now in its 17th year, as an industry leader and exceptional place to work. Coast Capital is also a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and a Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™ Hall of Fame inductee.
- Coast Capital celebrated the proud milestone of 20 years as one of Deloitte Canada’s Best Managed Companies and a member of the award program’s Platinum Club for over 13 years. The prestigious awards program recognizes excellence in private Canadian-owned companies and celebrates entrepreneurial spirit, determination, and innovation in business.
- Canada’s largest federal financial cooperative by membership was recognized in the first-ever Social Purpose Ranking by Canadian media and research firm, Corporate Knights. The inaugural report, presented in partnership with United Way’s Social Purpose Institute, rated Coast Capital in the platinum category for its implementation of social purpose in areas including values and culture, governance, strategy and performance objectives.
Marketing, Communications and Innovation
- Celebrating the most effective and creative marketing and communications campaigns across the credit union system—the Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) recognized Coast Capital with the Best of Marketing Award, along with seven additional awards across four campaigns in the Achievements in Marketing Excellence (AIME) Awards.
- We’re for Real: Brand Awareness & Integrated Consumer Marketing & Radio category winner. Rooted in the ethos that creating a better life shouldn’t be a dream, the campaign outlines how Coast Capital can help members achieve their real goals, and address real challenges so they can live the real life they want.
- Keep Her on the Map: Social Media & Public Relations category winner. For International Women’s Day, 2021, Coast Capital launched the Keep Her on the Map campaign—aimed at elevating women in the workplace. The campaign highlighted COVID-19-related impacts on women, who lost 60 per cent more jobs than men at the onset of the pandemic, and asked consumers to support women-owned and led businesses through personal purchasing power.
- Coast Capital's Small Business Newsletter: Content Marketing category winner. A resource to equip Coast Capital's small business members with advice to help them weather the pressing issues of today—resulting in best-in-category content engagement.
- Money Chat: Direct Marketing Product category winner. A free digital tool, co-designed with Coast Capital’s members and employees, with the power to help its users better understand their financial health and reach their financial goals.
- Cementing its position as an industry leader in financial wellbeing, the company’s auto finance subsidiary was ranked as the moneyGenius Personal Loan category winner in the first-ever Best of Money Awards.
- The credit union’s Money Chat tool also won the CCUA’s 2022 National Credit Union Innovation Award which recognizes credit unions for their breakthrough products, services, and processes. The National Credit Union Awards celebrate economic initiatives and innovative solutions that improve the effectiveness of the credit union and the ambitions of tomorrow’s young leaders.
- Coast Capital congratulates Ryan Pedwell, Senior Manager, Financial Crime Risk Operations, co-chair of Coast Capital’s Pride Inclusivity affinity network, and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion council member, for being named a CCUA 2022 Young Leaders Award winner. A champion for the LGBTQ2S+ community, Pedwell plays an active role in advancing the company’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion action plan.
With a long list of prestigious business accolades in tow, Coast Capital is setting its sights on a dynamic and purpose-driven remainder of 2022.
About Coast Capital
At Coast Capital, we’re not dreaming about a better future, we’re building one. We’re a member-owned financial cooperative with an 80-year legacy of unlocking financial opportunities that positively impact people and communities. It’s our belief that every Canadian deserves a financial partner who actually cares how things turn out. Driven by our social purpose, we look at everything we do through the lens of how we can help our 600,000 members, our employees and communities. A proud Certified B Corporation®, we’re part of a global movement building a more inclusive, equitable and regenerative economic system.
Each year, we invest 10% of our bottom line into our communities— totaling almost $91M since 2000. We’re deeply committed to making our financial cooperative a great place to work as demonstrated by some of our accolades. Coast Capital is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and a B.C. Top Employer and Canada’s largest federal financial cooperative by membership; we have been recognized for our work in the Social Purpose space in the first-ever Social Purpose Ranking by Canadian media and research firm, Corporate Knights. To learn more, visit us online at coastcapitalsavings.com.