Buying Your First Home
Members get a helping hand buying a first home.
You've saved some money for a down payment and now you’re ready to start hunting for your first home. Whoa there, Nelly. There’s a lot to consider when buying your first home.
You'll want to check out the rate options available to you. Then, use our Mortgage Calculator to crunch the numbers to ensure you can afford your payments based on current rates and future, potentially higher rates. This is particularly important in today’s market where rates are still low but may rise.
When you do get your first mortgage, don't let it get in the way of saving for your future. One way you can do this is using cost-savings for investment savings. And we'll even make it easier to save with the First Home Helper – get a great rate, up to $1,000 in Help Extras to invest, a line of credit and other extras1.
We're here to help. Just contact us or our Mobile Banking Team can come to you.
Members Get It® Mortgages
Our members get more with Members Get It Mortgages. You'll get a great rate2 and up to $1,000 in Help Extras®3.
- New mortgages with a term of 3 years or more receive $1,000 in Help Extras®
- Put your Help Extras toward investment products such as term deposits in non-registered or registered accounts such as an RRSP, RESP or TFSA
- More Help Extras when you renew down the road
Terms & Conditions
Closed, residential first mortgages only. Interest rate and approval based on risk profile. Additional fees may apply. If fees apply, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) could increase. Rates subject to change without notice.
Initial interest rate and APR, compounded monthly.
Personal Line of Credit
A helpful alternative to cash advances or large credit card purchases. Get access to extra funds and only pay interest when it's used.
- Pay down the balance at any time
- Re-advance your loan as many times as you need
- Interest1 charged only on what you use
- Access money through your chequing account, debit card, cheques or in a branch
- Creditor insurance available
Terms & Conditions
Rate and approval based on risk profile.
Free Chequing, Free Debit, and More Account®
Nobody really likes fees. This account is free with no minimum balance required.
- No monthly fee
- Unlimited day-to-day transactions1
- Free withdrawals and deposits at 4000+ ding free® ATMs across Canada
- Free in-branch, online or phone bill payments
- Free online cheque images
- Overdraft Protection available2
- Free eStatements
Terms & Conditions
Rates are subject to change.
Transactions include cheques, Coast Capital Savings® and EXCHANGE Network ATM withdrawals, Interac® Direct Payment, preauthorized payments, Coast-by-Phone® bill payments, Coast Online® Banking bill payments and in-branch withdrawals, transfers and bill payments. Deposits and self-serve (Coast Capital Savings® ATM, Coast-by-Phone® and Coast Online® Banking) transfers are free.
Additional network ATM transactions are subject to the fees listed. Surcharges from other financial institution ATMs are excluded.
Overdraft limits are subject to qualification. Monthly fee applies where overdraft is used.
For more information, see our full list of service fees.
Tax-Free Savings Account
If you're over 18, thanks to the government, you won't get taxed on the income or growth you make on your investment, even when it's withdrawn. That's right, no taxes, from the government.
- No maximum age limit to open or hold a TFSA
- No deadline for your contributions
- Unused TFSA contribution room can be carried forward to future years
- Investment income earned in a TFSA plan, including capital gains, will not be taxed, even when withdrawn
- Multiple investment products such as Term Deposits and Mutual Funds available within a TFSA
Coast Capital Savings Credit Union provides service and advice related to deposit, loan and mortgage products. Coast Capital Financial Management Ltd. provides service and advice related to life insurance, segregated funds and annuities. Worldsource Financial Management Inc. provides service and advice related to mutual funds. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the Fund Facts before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) or by any other government deposit insurer. There can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Fund values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Other helpful mortgage products.
With a Multi-Purpose Mortgage, you can split your mortgage into sections, each with its own term length and interest rate. You can borrow up to 80% of your homes equity, make advances any time, and pay the registration and legal fees once, no matter how many times you dip into it.
Through our partners at Valeyo‡, we offer life and disability insurance for your mortgage which protects you from losing your home if you're unable to make mortgage payments due to injury, illness or death.