payWave Contactless Payments
All new cards issued by Visa Desjardins will have payWave contactless payment technology. For purchases under $50, all you will need to do is wave your VISA card in front of a secure reader.
If you already have a Coast Visa Desjardins card, check for the payWave symbol in the upper right hand corner of your card to see if you have payWave access *.
- Keep your card during the whole transaction
- No PIN or signature required
- Payment is made by waving your card near the reader
- You cannot be billed twice for a purchase
- You won't be held liable if unauthorized transactions are made to your card account,
thanks to ZERO liability
Anywhere you see the payWave symbol.
More and more restaurants, gas stations, coffee shops and convenience stores accept this new technology. See the list of Visa payWave merchant locations †.
Visit the Visa Desjardins site to see frequently asked questions about the Visa payWave card.
* Registered trademark of Visa International Service Association, used under licence.
† Visa Int./Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, authorized user.