Coast Capital’s Online Security Assurance
Coast Capital's Security Assurance: Working with You to Keep Your Accounts Safe
Security is our Priority. Using a variety of technologies and security controls, our internal team of cyber security experts manage a rigorous cyber security program and are continuously monitoring our networks and systems to keep your online and mobile transactions safe. This includes employing standard firewalls, hardware and devices that are actively logged, monitored and physically secured. And as cyber security threats and tactics are evolving and growing in sophistication, our dedicated team is continuously upgrading our practices and systems.
Check out the information on Online Banking Security and Mobile Banking Security to learn how we enhance your online and mobile banking security.
Cybersecurity is a team effort, and Coast Capital is vigilant about securing your accounts. You too have a role to play. As detailed in the Personal Accounts and Services Agreement you have with us, you must protect the security of your account. Just some of the steps you are expected to take are:
- Maintaining the care, control and confidentiality of your user name(s), personal access code(s) and password(s) that you use to access Coast Online Banking and Coast Mobile Banking.
- Always using current firewall and anti-virus programs, and promptly installing all updates and security patches for all software you use;
- Never providing any account information or any Identity or Proof of Identity to anyone in response to an unsolicited email, text or call, or to anyone else who may pretend to represent us and ask for this information;
- Never clicking on a link provided in an unsolicited email, but instead directly access Coast Online Banking and the Coast Mobile Banking mobile-enabled website;
- Always verifying the identity of any caller claiming to represent us, and the authenticity of any telephone number or website address provided by a caller or in an unsolicited email;
- Always signing off and close your web browser promptly after you have finished accessing Coast Online Banking or the Coast Mobile Banking mobile-enabled website, and sign off and close the Coast Mobile Banking app promptly after you have finished using the app; and
- Notifying us immediately by calling our Contact Centre (1.888.517.7000), if any security incident affects, or might affect, your accounts or our services.
The Personal Accounts and Services Agreement details other very important steps you must take to protect yourself from unauthorized transactions including relating to your card and the use of e-services. Do your part and protect yourself by reading the Agreement, the steps outlined above, as well as adopting the best practices to protect yourself from cyber-fraud.
Full details of member’s account and security responsibilities are contained in the Personal Accounts and Services Agreement.We are here to help.
If you have any questions or concerns about online or mobile banking security, don’t hesitate to contact us.