Take Charge Money Manager™
- Getting Started
- Digital Banking Help Videos
- Digital Banking FAQ
- Solutions for Digital Banking set up
- Automate Your Savings
- Pre-authorized Credit and Debit Form
- Take Charge Money Manager™
- Personalized Experience
- Technical Requirements
- Alerts & Notifications
- Newest features
- INTERAC® e-Transfer
- Deposit On-the-go
- Paying Bills
- Transferring Funds
- Coast Capital Savings App for iPhone & Android
- Region Selector
Digital Banking Help Videos
Digital Banking FAQ
Solutions for Digital Banking set up
Automate Your Savings
Pre-authorized Credit and Debit Form
Take Charge Money Manager™
Alerts & Notifications
Coast Capital Savings App for iPhone & Android
Put yourself in the driver’s seat with the Take Charge Money Manager™.
The Take Charge Money Manager™ is a personal financial management tool that helps members track their spending, saving and budgeting all in one convenient place.Getting started is easy.
- Log into digital banking
- Navigate to the Money Manager page from the main navigation on the left-hand side.
- You’ll now find links to Spending, Budgets, and Accounts underneath Money Manager in the navigation.
- Your Coast Capital account data from the past 18 months will already be populated within the Spending tool.
Tell me more.Spending Tool
This feature will give you an overview of where you’re spending your money, down to the last dollar. Automatically simplify and categorize your transactions from both Coast Capital and non-Coast Capital accounts.
Click here for a quick instructional video on how to use the Spending tool.Budgets Tool
Set up monthly budgets to keep on top of your spending. Budgets can be broken up and customized to your needs and can include both regular payments (like your phone bill), and irregular ones.
Click here for a quick instructional video on how to use the Budgets tool.Add Accounts
You can also add your accounts from other financial institutions to make it your banking one-stop-shop. This includes chequing and savings accounts, credit cards, loans, mortgages, and other lines of credit from other banks and credit unions across North America.
By default, all Coast Capital Savings accounts will be available to view in the Take Charge Money Manager tools.
Click here for a quick instructional video on how to add accounts.To add an account:
- Click “Link External Accounts” to open the Add Accounts screen.
- Search for a financial institution by its name or URL.
- Select the institution from the list and enter the requested login credentials.
Note: If you’ve just received a new Coast Capital debit card, your Take Charge Money Manager data will be migrated overnight and become available to you the following day.Need more help?
For the full rundown of how to use the tools in detail, check out our User Guide.Some other helpful things to note:
- Alerts can keep you notified of important things happening with your accounts, like a low balance or a deposit to your account.
- You can access the Take Charge Money Manager anywhere, anytime from a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
- This tool is available in Coast Online® Banking Services, Coast Online® Banking for Small Business and Coast Mobile® Banking Services.
- Available for both personal memberships and small business memberships.
- The first time you use the Take Charge Money Manager, you’ll have access to 18 months of historical Coast Capital data. Any other financial institutions you have added will go back as far as 30 days.
By enabling the Take Charge Money Manager, you may choose to allow the Take Charge Money Manager to use financial information from your accounts with other financial institutions. For full Terms and Conditions of the Take Charge Money Manager, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions.
We encourage you to go through your transactions history in your Spending wheel and check that each transaction is categorized correctly. If you re-categorize a transaction, Take Charge Money Manager will attempt to remember your preference the next time you post a similar transaction. Customizing your transactions helps the tool categorize for you more accurately moving forward.
A: For mortgage and loan payments, you’ll typically see two transactions: a debt and a credit (since you are also paying down a liability). While the debt is categorized as an expense (i.e. “Home: Mortgage & Rent”), the credit should be categorized as a transfer (i.e. “Transfer Mortgage Payment”). This will allow the expense to be calculated in your spending reports without the positive credit canceling out the spend.
The categorization around mortgage payments is like any other categorization in our system — the system does its best to get it right, but sometimes action is required. If you re-categorize the mortgage or loan credit as a "Transfer" a few times, the software will eventually pick it up and begin to automate it.
A: You can Recalculate Budgets any time to reset budget amounts to be based on the last 90 days of transactions. This will better tailor your budget experience to your actual spending.
- Click on the Manage Budgets link on the top right of the budgets home page
- Scroll to the bottom of the pop-out menu
- Click on Recalculate Budgets
A: If you have Coast Capital accounts that you would like excluded from the Take Charge Money Manager Spending and Budget widgets (for example, joint accounts with spouses or children), follow these steps:
- Click the blue "Add External Account" button.
- When the Account Aggregation User Agreement is presented, click 'Accept' if you have not yet already.
- Select Coast Capital Savings from the left side menu.
- Select the […] link next to the account you wish to hide, and select 'Hide Account'.