COVID -19 Safety Plan
Coast Capital holds our employees’ and members’ health and safety as our top priority. To best safeguard their well-being during the COVID-19 Pandemic we continue to monitor the evolving situation, taking guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and local health authorities, and will update our procedures as new recommendations emerge.
Coast Capital has completed a risk assessment of our workplace to ensure best practices are in place for your safety, and the safety of our employees and has a process in place to continually identify and manage any emerging new risks. As part of these measures, we have implemented the following preventative measures for our members to follow to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We ask that you please do not enter one of our locations if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, are under the direction of the provincial health officer or medical professional to self-isolate, or have been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Some branches may have revised hours or temporary closures due to staffing so we encourage you to use alternate channels of banking, where possible. Virtually all of your banking needs can be achieved from the safety of your home. Take advantage of our online and mobile banking features 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or call our Contact Centre team available 7 days a week at 1.888.517.7000 (Mon-Sat, 8 am-8 pm; Sun, 9 am-5:30 pm). If you need to visit a branch, be sure to visit our website for an up-to-date list of open branches and hours of operation.
- We have installed floor decals to help you maintain a 2 metre/6 feet physical distance between our employees and other members.
- Please abide by any posted maximum occupancy limits.
- We have made hand sanitizer available to you, please use it when entering and exiting our branches.
We are always happy to see you and your family, but please attend appointments alone, and only enter the building at your appointment time.
In addition, for our employees:
- We have enabled our employees to maintain physical distancing wherever possible through revised workspaces and operations, and maximum occupancy limits.
- Where employees cannot maintain safe physical distancing, we have installed physical barriers such as plexiglass or the use of personal protective equipment is required.
- We have established handwashing protocols to ensure regular hand hygiene. Additionally, employees will use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- We have increased our cleaning measures and protocols. We are prioritizing the frequent cleaning of high-touch and shared surfaces.
- We are asking employees to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, are under the direction of the provincial health officer or medical professional to self-isolate, or have been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case.
- We have equipped our employees with updated policies and protocols and training resources to ensure they are educated on how to comply with this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to any one of our Coast Capital employees for more information on our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Thank you for your understanding.