Youth Education Awards
Standing Tall Award
59 Awards of $3,500 Available
Awarded to youth who have faced adversity and have not only risen up against the odds, but are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is open to students who have faced challenges like poverty, health, family issues, personal loss and lack of support.
Beth Hutchinson Award
One $5,000 Award Available
Beth was an inspirational 2012 Standing Tall winner from Surrey. We’re honouring her memory by making the Beth Hutchinson Award available to a Surrey School District student.
One individual will be recognized as one who best exemplifies a commitment to continuing their education in the face of considerable health challenges.
Apply for a Youth Education Award
- haven’t previously received a Youth Education Award
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have been a BC resident for at least 6 months
- are graduating high school in the 2019/ 2020 school year in one of 26 School Districts in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, mid and southern Vancouver Island and Central and Northern Interior. (See Award & Deadline Information document for more details)
- plan to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in the 2020/2021 school year
- Applications for 2020 are now open. Download the Youth Education Awards Application form here and submit your PDF application to your school counsellor via email by your school district’s posted deadline found here.
- Once your school counsellor receives all of the applications, your school counsellor will forward your application to your school district. Your school district will decide on the recipient(s) of the award(s) in your area. If you've been selected to receive an award, you will be notified by your school by June 30, 2020.