Youth Get It ™ Education Awards
Paying for an education can be difficult for youth. That's why our annual Youth Get It Education Awards help youth who have faced adversity and personal challenges. Coast Capital Savings has proudly invested over $1.9 million in 746 students since 2004.
The award applications are received, reviewed and selected by 23 school districts in our trade areas. Funding is provided directly from Coast Capital Savings to the students in the Fall.
Standing Tall Award
59 Awards of $3,500 Available
Awarded to youth who have faced adversity and have not only risen up against the odds, but are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is open to students who have faced challenges like poverty, health, family issues, personal loss and lack of support.
Beth Hutchinson Award
One $5,000 Award Available
Beth was an inspirational 2012 Standing Tall winner from Surrey. We’re honouring her memory by making the Beth Hutchinson Award available to a Surrey School District student.
Watch our video to learn more.
One individual will be recognized as one who best exemplifies a commitment to continuing their education in the face of considerable health challenges.
Apply for a Youth Get It Education Award
- haven’t previously received a Youth Get It Education Award
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have been a BC resident for at least 6 months
- are graduating high school in the 2017/ 2018 school year in one of 23 School Districts in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, mid and southern Vancouver Island and Kelowna. (See Award & Deadline Information document for more details)
- plan to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in Fall 2018
- Applications for 2018 are now closed.
- If you applied in 2018, your school district will decide on the recipients of available awards in your district.
- If you've been selected to receive an award, you will be notified by your school by June 30.