Find answers the answers you’re looking for on our Youth Education Award FAQ page or email us.
Youth Education Awards
Investments with the greatest returns
We want to make tuition more affordable for deserving students who have overcome adversity and personal challenges. Earning a post-secondary degree is a big financial milestone and we’re here to remove one more obstacle on young people’s path to a bright financial future through our Youth Education Awards.
Applications for 2021 Education Awards are now closed. Please stay tuned for 2022 application details.
Awards and eligibility
Awarded to youth who have overcome adversity and have not only risen up against the odds, but are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is open to students who have faced challenges such as poverty, health, family issues, personal loss and lack of support.
Beth was an inspirational 2012 Standing Tall winner from Surrey. We’re honouring her memory by making the Beth Hutchinson Award available to a Surrey School District student.
One individual will be recognized as one who best exemplifies a commitment to continuing their education in the face of considerable health challenges.
- Haven’t previously received this award
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- A BC resident for at least 6 months
- Graduating high school in the current school year in one of 26 School Districts in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, mid and southern Vancouver Island and the Central and Northern Interior of BC
- Plan to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in the following school year
How our winners are picked
Throughout March and April, students submit their Youth Education Awards Application Form to their school counsellor. The award applications are received, reviewed and selected by school districts in our trade areas. Funding is provided directly from Coast Capital. Award recipients are notified by their school before June 30 of the school year and receive their funds by the Fall.
Watch the video to hear from our previous winners.