Youth Get It ™ Community Councils
For youth, by youth.
In 2013, we launched the Young Leaders Community Councils in each of our three trade areas, Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island, with a unique role of making investments decisions for our Community Investment Grants program.
Each Council is comprised of eight emerging young leaders between the ages of 18 and 30. Four representatives are from the local community and four are Coast Capital employees. Through this diverse group of young leaders, we deliver on our for youth, by youth strategy. Community groups who apply know their grant applications are being reviewed by dedicated young people who have a strong understanding of those they’re trying to support. And young leaders gain invaluable experience providing great input and a youth perspective to their investment decisions.
- Commit to a 1-year volunteer term, January to December
- Meet as a council up to eight times a year
- Review grant applications in advance of council meetings
- Meet as a council to discuss grant applications and make recommendations for allocations of community investment funds
- Represent Coast Capital Savings at community events
Join a Youth Get It Community Council
- are 18-30 years of age at time of application
- live in the region you’re applying for: Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley or Vancouver Island
- bring knowledge and/or experience specifically related to our youth-focused funding areas: Financial Empowerment, Educational Success and Healthy Minds
Applications for the 2019 Youth Get It Community Council have now closed.
- Review the full Position Profile.
- Submit an online application by posted deadline.
- Successful candidates will be notified in December 2018.