Youth Community Councils
For youth, by youth.
In 2013, we launched the Young Leaders Community Councils in each of our three trade areas, Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island, with a unique role of making investments decisions for our Community Investment Grants program.
Each of the three Youth Community Councils is comprised of eight emerging young leaders between the ages of 18 and 30. Four representatives are from the local community and four are Coast Capital employees. Through this diverse group of young leaders, we deliver on our for youth, by youth approach. Community groups who apply know their grant applications are being reviewed by dedicated young people who have a strong understanding of those they’re trying to support. And young leaders gain invaluable experience providing great input and a youth perspective to their investment decisions.
The Fraser Valley Community Council has also welcomed a representative from the Okanagan and has expanded its funding portfolio to review Community Investment Grant applications for youth programs from the Fraser Valley and the Okanagan.
- Commit to a 1-year volunteer term, January to December
- Meet as a council up to eight times a year
- Review grant applications in advance of council meetings
- Meet as a council to discuss grant applications and make recommendations for allocations of community investment funds
- Represent Coast Capital Savings at community events
Join a Youth Community Council
- are 18-30 years of age at time of application
- live in the region you’re applying for: Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island and Okanagan
- bring knowledge and/or experience specifically related to our youth-focused funding strategy that aims to help youth achieve financial independence
Applications for the 2019 Youth Community Council have now closed. Applications for the 2020 Youth Community Council will open in October 2020.