Youth Get It ™ Education Awards
Investments with the greatest returns.
Paying for an education can be difficult for youth. That's why our annual Youth Get It Education Awards help youth who have faced adversity and personal challenges. Coast Capital Savings has proudly invested over $1.8 million in more than 680 students since 2004.
The award applications are received, reviewed and selected by 23 school districts in our trade areas. Funding is provided directly from Coast Capital Savings to the students in the Fall.
Standing Tall Award
59 Awards of $2,500 Available
Awarded to youth who have faced adversity and have not only risen up against the odds, but are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is open to students who have faced challenges like poverty, health, family issues, personal loss and lack of support.
Beth Hutchinson Award
One $5,000 Award Available
Beth was inspirational 2012 Standing Tall winner from Surrey. We’re honouring her memory by making the Beth Hutchinson Award available to a Surrey School District student.
Watch our video to learn more.
One individual will be recognized as one who best exemplifies a commitment to continuing their education in the face of considerable health challenges.
Apply for a Youth Get It Education Award
We're looking for youth who:
- haven’t previously received a Youth Get It Education Award
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have been a BC resident for at least 6 months
- are graduating high school in June 2017 in one of 23 School Districts in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, mid and southern Vancouver Island and Kelowna. (See Award & Deadline Information Form for more details)
- plan to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in Fall 2017
How to apply
- Applications for 2017 are now closed.
- If you applied in 2017, your school district will decide on the recipients of the awards in your area.
- If you've been selected, you will be notified by your school by June 30.