Youth Get It ™ Community Councils
For youth, by youth.
In 2013, we launched the Young Leaders Community Councils in each of our three trade areas, Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island, with a unique role of making investments decisions for our Community Investment Grants program.
Each Council is comprised of eight emerging young leaders between the ages of 18 and 30. Four representatives are from the local community and four are Coast Capital employees. Through this diverse group of young leaders, we deliver on our for youth, by youth strategy. Community groups who apply know their grant applications are being reviewed by dedicated young people who have a strong understanding of those they’re trying to support. And young leaders gain invaluable experience providing great input and a youth perspective to their investment decisions.
- Commit to a 1-year volunteer term, January to December
- Meet as a council up to eight times a year
- Review grant applications in advance of council meetings
- Meet as a council to discuss grant applications and make recommendations for allocations of community investment funds
- Represent Coast Capital Savings at community events
Stay tuned for opportunities to apply for the 2018 Councils. Recruitment will begin in the Fall of 2017.
Join a Youth Get It Community Council
We’re looking for youth who:
- are 18-30 years of age at time of application
- live in the region you’re applying for: Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley or Vancouver Island
- bring knowledge and/or experience specifically related to our youth-focused funding areas: Financial Empowerment, Educational Success and Healthy Minds
Metro Vancouver: includes West and North Vancouver, Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and New Westminster. We're seeking 1 Community Representative.
Fraser Valley: includes Surrey, Tri-Cities, Ridge Meadows, Coquitlam, Langley, Delta, Tsawwassen, White Rock, Maple Ridge, Chilliwack, Mission and Agassiz. We're seeking 1 Community Representative and 3 Coast Capital Employee Representatives.
Vancouver Island: includes South Island communities in the Capital Regional District (Greater Victoria) and mid-Island communities (Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, and Courtney). We're seeking 2 Community Representatives (1 mid-Island and 1 south-Island) and 2 Coast Capital Employee Representatives (south-Island).
How to apply
Online application will be available starting Fall 2017.
- Review the full Position Profile.
- Submit an online application by posted deadline.
- Successful candidates will be notified in December 2017.