Sending an outgoing wire?
Review the Wire Information Checklist to confirm you have all the information you need to send the wire. Once you have all the required information, come and visit us at a Coast Capital Savings branch to get started.
Contact us to find out more details including the list of currencies available.
What you should also know about outgoing wires
We do charge a nominal fee for outgoing wire transfers. And often the intermediary financial institutions will deduct a fee from the wire before it reaches its destination. Unfortunately, we have no control over what is charged by intermediary institutions.
To trace an outgoing wire sent from Coast Capital Savings, visit any Coast Capital Savings branch. There is a nominal fee for wire traces.
Expecting an incoming wire?
Here’s what you’ll need to provide the sender:
- Your personal information including full name and address.
- Your banking information including transit number, financial institution number and your Coast Capital Savings account number. You can find all of this information at the bottom of one of your Coast Capital Savings cheques.
If you don’t have cheques for your Coast Capital Savings account, contact us for this information. Or you can view your transit and institution numbers in Coast Online Banking. Simply log in, click on one of your accounts, and then click Show Account Details.
You’ll also need to provide additional information, such as SWIFT codes, depending on whether the wire is being sent in US funds, or Canadian funds:
Due to FINTRAC regulation changes - All wires received with incomplete wire sender and/or beneficiary information may be rejected. Please ensure the following information is included:
- Sender's full name
- Sender's complete address
- Sender's account number
- Cannot accept PO Box as sender's address
- If wire is third Party, we need complete address information of the wire send and third party (ie. Foreign exchange company and the person sending the wire)
What you should also know about incoming wires
We charge a $10 fee for incoming wires* and an intermediary financial institution may deduct fees before it reaches Coast Capital Savings, which we don’t control.
You should also know that if your wire transfer instructions are incomplete, the funds will be returned to the sending bank.
If you need to do a trace request for an undelivered wire, you’ll have to initiate the trace at the sending institution.
* The $10 service fee applies to incoming wire transfers of $500 and over. Learn more about our service fees.